CIGRE Session 2020 et Coronavirus COVID-19
Voir plus bas un message important du Bureau central du CIGRE
We really hope that you and your families are in good health.
It is our duty to inform you of the consequences of the measures adopted by the French government to limit the spread of the Covid-19.
- The premises of the central office are now closed for at least two weeks, but since this morning all staff can work from home so that all services to members, delegates and governing bodies of CIGRE can be provided.
- Message to delegates and exhibitors:
In agreement with our PCO (Professional Congress Organiser) and the owner of the Palais des Congrès de Paris, VIPARIS, we have prepared the following text that will be communicated via all CIGRE communication channels (websites, newsletters) to the exhibitors and delegates:
Considering the situation of the pandemic of Covid-19, CIGRE wishes to inform its delegates and exhibitors, of the followings:
- CIGRE maintains its 48th Session in the Palais des Congrès de Paris, as planned from August 23rd to 28th, 2020.
- The cancellation of the event is not an option.
- The postponement of the Session to a later date could be decided by CIGRE taking into account the progress of curtailment of Covid-19 globally.
- Should the Session be postponed, the availability of the venue on a full week is guaranteed under the same terms and conditions (location, rates, period…).
You are kindly invited to forward this message meant to reassure those around you who want to register.
- Preparation of possible scenarios:
The office bearers and the Central Office are studying alternative scenarios for the Session, should the decision to postpone it be made.
This study will consider all the aspects involved in the Session: registrations, Administrative Council meetings, speakers, elections, Group Discussion meetings, exhibition, social events, economic and final aspects, etc.
We will keep you informed on the evolution of the situation regularly, and are ready to answer your questions and comments.
Thank you for your consideration.
Cordiales salutations / Best regards.
CIGRE Secretary General